Thursday 1 September 2011

Dude on a Chair- Matchmoving Test

My final post of the day! Another video i made during my online blackout. This time it involves one of my 3D characters sitting on a chair:

I quickly shot some footage of a chair and an hour or two later i have a guy sitting on it! im happy with the way it went since i got the shadows almost perfect. i made a chair on maya and put a background shader on it so it just shows a shadow. i had to trim some shadows sticking out of the chair on after effects then it was finished! My next matchmoving challenge would include some more advanced interaction so stay tuned! :D

3 comments:

  1. oops!
    "i made a chair on maya and put a background shader on it..."
    Sorry for the typo, i meant i had to create a rough 3d model of the chair so i can create the shadow and place the character on it.
    the chair you see in the vid is a real chair and was part of the original footage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That look cool, though the character is sliding a bit on the chair, you need to hold your camera better =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a bit unstable at the start because the framerate wasnt matching up. but the ending was ok though. i used my phone camera so the free movment made it tougher to match.

    next time i'll use my Flipcam :D

    ReplyDelete