Thursday 18 August 2011

3D Head Update #1

I've always wanted to create a 3D model of myself but i was never confidnent enough to try it. After watching a few tutorials and researching facial topology i decided that it was finally time to give it a shot! I apologise for not including my reference images, they were bad! I will however post a comparison image once i complete the head. (there is a hard line down the middle of the model because i havent combined both sides yet)
 what I need to do next is to widen the cranium slightly and fix the area just above my chin. Once that is done i can extrude down to form my neck and then model a pair of ears. Im still deciding what to do with my hair, i could use the hair system in maya or i can sculpt or model some hair. I'll probably try both methods and see whats best. I consider this project high priority to me so stay tuned for another update very soon! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment